Ayurveda is an ancient system of health care that is present in India (Bharat) for ages. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word.
Ayurveda = Ayushya (Life) + Veda (Knowledge). Thus “Ayurveda” means “Knowledge of Life”.
Ayurveda deals with measures to protect life through a healthy living along with therapy that involves physical, mental, social and spiritual harmony.
Modern medicines and drugs act as a “quick fix” and are known to have side-effects while Ayurvedic remedies have none as they are prepared using herbs.
According to Ayurveda the entire world is made of ‘the five fundamental elements’ called as ‘Panch Bhutas’. These five elements are:
- Prithvi or Earth element
- Jal or Water element
- Agni or Fire element
- Vaayu or Wind element
- Aakash or Space element
These five elements constitute the human body:
-the food that we consume comes from plants which absorb nutrients from soil (earth), thus we survive on earth element
-blood flowing through the veins represents the water element
-the body heat represents the fire element
-the oxygen that we inhale and carbon-di-oxide that we exhale represent the wind element
-the sinuses that we have in nose and skull represents space element
We remain healthy as long as these five elements in our body are balanced and imbalance leads to health disorder and disease.
Ayurvedic medicines are plant / herb based, do not contain any harmful ingredients and can be used safely.
Some ayurvedic medicines / herbs used are given below:
Giloy is an anti-inflammatory, antipyretic herb which helps to boost immunity and helpful in healthy recovery. Giloy improves digestion. Giloy helps in insulin production, which is good for diabetics.
Tulsi is a natural immunity booster. Tulsi is right in vitamin C and zinc. Natural immunity boosting property of Tulsi helps to fight infections.
Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb with multiple health benefits. It can reduce anxiety and stress, help fight depression, boost fertility and testosterone in men, and even boost brain function. Supplementing with ashwagandha may be an easy and effective way to improve your health and quality of life.
Patanjali Ayurved is a Indian company that manufactures ayurvedic products and provides ayurvedic based services.
Patanjali Chyawanprash is a famous product and the following content gives the health benefits of the same. The content is taken from their website
- Chyawanprash is known for its ample of benefits, its anti-viral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties are quite hard to find anywhere else.2. The ingredients available in Special Chyawanprash are known for warming effects. Along with improving blood circulation, this product can eliminate harmful toxins and improves your digestive system.3. Chyawanprash is known for its nutritious ingredients, which you can take with milk before going to bed. The formulation of Patanjali Chyawanprash is based on the ancient phenomenon of restoring health so that can stay energetic.4. With Patanjali Chyawanprash, now kickoff your chemical supplements. It is known for increasing stamina and building your muscles. It will keep you active whole day, if restlessness troubles you then start taking it for alleviating mood.
5. Chyawanprash supports digestion process, the herbs and shrubs can improve your overall wellbeing. There are different flavours of Chyawanprash available at Patanjali stores, thus you can choose the one which you like.
6. It helps in reduction of gas and acidity by regularly eliminating the waste. By regulating your blood sugar as well as cholesterol level it can save you from other problems.
7. In this busy schedule, we are ignoring ample of problems like flu or viral. We take it as common problems but it can also weaken our immune system, so by Chyawanprash you can get rid of such issues.
8. For reproductive system Patanjali Chyawanprash is also considered as best ayurvedic medicine. It is formulated with ingredients which can strengthen or revitalise your reproductive organs.
9. For increasing sexual stamina, you can switch on to Chyawanprash.
10. It is also helpful in promoting healthy libido, fertility, and sexual stamina.
11. The nutritive ingredients are quite helpful for growth of your adults. It can nourish your body parts, so that can develop properly. For your whole day active performance, it’s better to start your day with Chyawanprash. You can make it interesting for your kids by using it as a nutritive jam.
12. For strengthening your body parts, Chyawanprash is a best product which increases the haemoglobin as well as white blood cells.
13. The other most important ingredient is Amla, it detoxifies your body and purify your liver, blood, spleen as well as lungs. For youthfulness it is a best product which you can add in your diet plan.
14. Chyawanprash is powerful health boosters which promotes lung power and rejuvenate energy cells. By nourishing mucous membrane it can clean your respiratory passage.
15. It is used as natural resistance; Special Chyawanprashfights with infection and contains antibacterial property. It boosts your overall health and provides nutrition to all other body parts.
Green fruit which is considered to be the most effective of all fruits and which is also included in the best category in terms of Ayurvedic is Amla. If we compare Amla, it is found that it contains 8 times more vitamin C than an orange fruit and also has a higher amount of oxidant strength as well as 14 times that of a pomegranate. So it is probably very important to include it in the condition of superfood. This fruit is used to protect against countless diseases whether it is the common cold, cancer, or infertility. If we are already aware of this, then let us look at some of its other benefits.
These benefits are found in Amla.
- The first benefit of using amlais that it is more absorbed in the body than the intake of other substances of vitamin C. Consuming amla gives us permanent protection from cold and cough, for this, we should consume it three to four times a day
- Most commonly found in Amla. The benefit is that carotene improves vision by consuming Amla. For this, we have to include Amla daily in our food because Amla prevents cataract problem, intraocular tension, as well as itching, and eye-watering
- An exciting fact about amla is that a protein in it helps to prevent carvings. If a person drinks a glass of amla juice before a meal, then the stomach is filled with which they do not eat food, which reduces the obesity of the person. Amla has high fiber content and acids such as tannic which are considered helpful to relieve constipation and reduce bloating in our bodies.
- Amla is also considered very useful for those who have cancer-related problems. When the cells of the body use oxygen, they leave behind harmful by-products which are called free radicals. Amla is a powerful antioxidant agent that can prevent and repair the damage.
- We will all know about the 1 benefit of using Amlathat it improves the growth of our hair. We can also use Amla as a natural conditioner and can also use its oil. If there is any joint pain or if there are blisters in the mouth, then Amla is considered very beneficial for this. By eating Amla juice, such diseases are eradicated.
How to use Amla.
After knowing the benefits of Amla, we now look at amla uses, how can we use it for our health. Generally, we can use Amla as food, can also be used as oil and Amla can also be used as a powder. Cut the gooseberry into small pieces and bring it with a little salt, leave it to dry in the sun for a few days, store it in a dry jar. So that you can also use it as a snack. Many types of oils made by Amla are also available in the market for hair, which we can use to massage our hair. With this, if we use Amla juice then it can also be a better option, otherwise, Amla juice is also available in the markets. For this, we can drink two teaspoons of amla juice mixed with half a cup of water on an empty stomach in the morning, which also strengthens the digestive system and also relieves constipation related problems.
Indian Companies that manufacture ayurvedic products:
(Want to know about copy writing, click here)
The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a health care professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.